NSPs, whether they be called swimming ponds, swim ponds, natural swimming pools, natural pools or biological pools, are all based on the science of limnology and have four fundamental attributes.
1- The NSP is a contained vessel, i.e., the water in the NSP is contained and recirculated but there is no introduction of outside water such as from an underground spring, a stream or any other outside source, with the exception of makeup water to replenish any water lost from evaporation or splash out.
2- The swimming zone of the NSP is always separated in some fashion from the regeneration zone (the biological filter). This means that any planting in the regeneration zone will not be adversely affected by the physical presence of swimmers.
3- There are no chemicals or other devices, such as UV, ozonators, ionizers, salt systems, used to disinfect or sterilize the pool water. All clarifying and purifying of the pool water is performed entirely by natural biological and biochemical processes.
4- The NSP is designed, permitted and constructed in conformance with applicable guidelines for a swimming pool.
Why Join and participate in the ASPNSP?
- Enhance your professionalism by being a member of the leading association representing the NSP industry today.
- Proudly display the ASPNSP trademark in your advertising, on your website and on your business documents.
- Reciprocal link from the ASPNSP.ORG website for Professional Members.
- Attend educational seminars on NSP design, construction and maintenance to advance your knowledge.
- Share your experience with others in the industry and learn from hearing their experiences.
- Demonstrate your dedication and commitment to the success of NSPs as a viable socially and environmentally responsible choice.
- Interface thru ASPNSP to the IOB and the global family of professionals who are designing, building and maintaining NSPs around the world.
- Click here to become a member.
Copyright © Association for Swimming Ponds and Natural Swimming Pools Inc. All rights reserved.